Season 2 | Episode 4: Build and Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
Why should dietitians have a LinkedIn profile? For some, LinkedIn is viewed as a platform to help you find a job, or to help recruiters find you when you are looking for a job. The key is to build and enhance your profile often so that when you are ready to job seek, you’ve ensured your profile is fully optimized for recruiters to find you and want to select you for the job. Need a refresher?
Webinar: Making the Most of LinkedIn for Dietitians free, a quick 12-minute video.
- Is your profile TRULY optimized?
- Do you know how to customize your profile URL? (3:20)
- Headline vs Job Title, are they the same? Technically yes, but it’s a place to add something extra to differentiate (4:40)
- Your summary: A personal mission statement, give a really good idea of who you are and WHY you are doing what you do (6:00)
- Give your page a purpose. What is your purpose? Meet new people, find a new position, find a new employee.
- Sara’s LinkedIn profile is featured on the tutorial: She doesn’t include her entire resume and instead just hits the main points, her skills and endorsements are very specific and relevant, she’s even got a recommendation!